The mix was introduced to me by close family friends, who often cooked it alongside grilled fish or chicken. This dish will get every member of the family and visitor crowded around the table for a dining experience accompanied by lengthy conversations.
Here is how you can make yours.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green, red and/or yellow pepper
- 2 Fresh tomatoes
- ½ medium sized Cabbage
- Spice of your choice, depending on the meat it will be coupled with
- 10 *tbsp oil
Potential servings: 5
Preparation: 20 *min
Cooking: 37-50 min
- Slice the onions, peppers, tomatoes and cabbage into long strips
- Heat up your frying pan and add your oil
- Add the sliced onions and peppers and let them simmer for 7-10 min
- Then add the tomatoes
- After 5 min add salt and spice
- Finally add the cabbage
- Mix your vegetables, stirring the pot continuously
- Cook for 20-30 min until the cabbage becomes soft
Note that . . .
Carrot can also be used as an ingredient if preferred. You can also eat such a simple mélange with anything from bread to pap and meat.
(Image courtesy to Gaby Ndongo; Writing by Gaby Ndongo: email@example.com, +27 7 524 6053; Editing by Amber Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org)