At first, myself and my brothers surely thought of it as an experiment. But with the success of such a unique mix, we then found out that it was a quick and facile sandwich to make for one to pacify the turbulence in his stomach.
Here is how you can make yours.
- A handful of branched spinach
- ½ *tsp salt
- 1 onion
- 2 *tbsp oil
- ½ tsp spice of your choice
- 8 paninis
- Margarine spread
Preparation: 20 *min
Cooking: 25-35 min
- Wash your spinach and then slice it into long strips
- Dice your onion in square shapes
- Put the spinach into a pot, and then add water, salt, oil, spice of your choice and the diced onion
- Let it boil for 25-30 min
- After the 25-30 min, taste whether the mix has enough salt
- If it does not, add some and then let boil for an additional 5 minutes
- In the meantime, get your paninis ready
- Cut those paninis from the side
- Apply margarine on the bottom half
- Add the cooked spinach to the paninis
RELATED STORY: [TOJ’S RECIPES] 5-Ingredient Vege Mix
Note that . . .
If you want to, you may also add some meat alongside your simple, green spinach to spice up the phenomenon.
(Image courtesy to Gaby Ndongo; Writing by Gaby Ndongo: email@example.com, +27 7 524 6053; Editing by Amber Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org)